Each year, The Catalyst celebrates the courage and determination it takes to be an entrepreneur in North Alabama. Unlike anything else in the region, the Entrepreneur Awards focuses strictly on the accomplishments of the entrepreneur and not the company. This event is also our opportunity to update all stakeholders on the accomplishments of The Catalyst over the past year.
The Entrepreneur Awards began in 2015 as a part of Innovate Huntsville and continues to be the one event that celebrates all areas of entrepreneurship, from services and technology to defense and retail and everything in-between.
- Entrepreneur of the Year: Awarded to the entrepreneur who has been in business for over three years and has a proven track record for sustainability, strategic direction, future growth, and community involvement.
- Emerging Entrepreneur of the Year: Awarded to the entrepreneur who has been in business for one to three years and has a proven track record for sustainability with room for growth.
- Creative Entrepreneur of the Year: Awarded to a nontechnical entrepreneur whose focus is in the retail, arts, entertainment, or culinary industry and has a proven track record for sustainability.
- Intrapreneur of the Year: Awarded to an innovator who is currently located within a company. The innovator must have an innovation that could stand alone and be developed outside of the current company.
- People’s Choice: Awarded to the entrepreneur who has applied for nomination with the most votes by the community. The winner will be determined through a social media campaign, by the people for the people.
- WBC Entrepreneur of the Year: Awarded to an outstanding female entrepreneur whose name is then submitted to the Small Business Administration’s National Small Business of the Year Award.
- Entrepreneur Champion of the Year: Awarded to an individual who has a proven track record of championing for the entrepreneurial journey. This can be through volunteering, mentoring, investing, or collaborating.